Verifying a Serial Port - COM1 / DB-9 /
- Double-click on the Hypertrm icon.
- If you are asked if you would like to install a modem, select
- You are prompted to select an icon to represent the connection you
are about to define. Choose any one, and name the session.
- In the next Pop-Up menu, choose direct to COMx
where x is the number of the COM Port you are testing.
- Set the flow control setting to None. You may leave
the other settings in the next dialog box, though you can increase the
speed if you like.
- Select File » Properties from the menu bar, select
the Settings tab, and then push the ASCII
- Check the option for Echo typed characters locally.
- Start typing. If you see double characters (that is, you see two
characters for every one you type), the serial port is setup correctly
and is functional.
- You can make a loopback plug by taking a nine pin female connector (socket) and soldering a wire between pins 2 and 3. This is then inserted into the connector of the serial port to be tested..